Music plays a very important role in every service at Plymouth-Trinity. Music is varied in style, origin and language, although it consists largely of hymns from Voices United sung in English. Hymns and anthems are a mix of classical and modern, with rounds or contemporary CD Christian music included occasionally. Solo organ pieces, including the postlude, are incorporated into worship.
Organist Leslie Young has been with us since September 2004, after the retirement of our former organist of 20 years, Pamela Gill Eby.
Plymouth-Trinity benefits from a Casavant organ that was originally built in 1907 and electrified in 1925. It is a 3-manual instrument with 28 stops and 1,200 pipes. It was rebuilt in 1987 by Guilbault-Therien of St. Hyacinthe, creating a brighter sound better suited to many music styles. It is a powerful instrument; full organ is not used on most Sundays. See the
1987 Sherbrooke Record Article for more information on the restoration of the organ.
Plymouth-Trinity also has a Steinway grand piano, often used in worship for more modern music. A second upright piano and an electronic keyboard are used in rehearsals or entertainment at events. The sound system has been used to play analog and digital recordings.
- Postlude - May 8, 2016
- Postlude - September 14, 2014
- Postlude - July 29, 2012
- Postlude - May 20, 2012
- Postlude - October 23, 2011
- Rejoice The Lord Is King - Postlude, May 08, 2011
- Widor Toccata - Postlude, September 26, 2004 - Covenanting service for the Rev. Heather MacDougall
- Agincourt Hymn - Postlude, February 22, 2004
Choir Anthems / Solos
- Servants of Peace - K. Lee Scott / James Quinn - Mid-service anthem, May 8, 2016
- Dona Nobis Pacem - Mary Lynn Lightfoot - Mid-service anthem, March 31, 2013
- Go, Tell It on the Mountain - Solo, December 24, 2012 (sung by Marcus Lopes)
- Heaven's Rose - Stan Pethel - Mid-service anthem, December 9, 2012
- One Spirit, One Church - Mid-service anthem, September 19, 2004
- The Gift of Love - Offertory anthem, February 01, 2004
- That Eastertide With Joy Was Bright (Red Hymn Book #474) - April 27, 2014
- O Come, All Ye Faithful (VU #60) - December 24, 2012 (Christmas Eve), Opening Processional Hymn
- We Plough the Field (VU #520) - October 7, 2012
- If Our God had Simply Saved Us (VU #131) - September 26, 2010
- Come and Find the Quiet Center (vs. 1,3; VU #374) - September 12, 2010, Introit
- Go To the World (VU #420) - May 30, 2004, Closing Hymn
- Jesus Christ is Risen Today (VU #155) - April 11, 2004 (Easter Sunday), Opening Processional Hymn
- Mine Eyes have Seen the Glory (Red Hymn Book #156) - February 22, 2004, Closing Hymn - Alternate harmonization, last verse arr. Pamela Gill Eby
- Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty (VU #315) - February 08, 2004, Opening Hymn
- Your Hand, O God, has Guided (VU #274) - September 28, 2003, Closing Hymn
December 24, 2017
4th of Advent
- 2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16
- Luke 1:46b-55
- Romans 16:25-27
- Luke 1:26-38
Bilingual service at 10:30 with Holy Communion.
Culte bilingue avec communion à 10 h 30.
News & Events
Children at P-T
Join us at Plymouth-Trinity for a family-friendly worship experience. We have a children's corner in the sanctuary with craft supplies and helpful volunteers. Some Sundays there is also a 30-minute children's programme during worship-time for kids of all ages.